CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

9.20.2012

Idaho Part 3: Dad's House

I think Tommy's favorite part of the trip was at my Dad's house.  For a 2 year old boy, not much can compete with tractors, horses, dogs, chickens, & a bouncy house!
Vic & I haven't rode horses together in years so it was fun to be able to do that again.
Vic is a pretty crazy rider & scares me with his lack of control, but he sure loves it!
Tommy got to go on his 1st ride & I think he could have done it all day long.  Every time my dad pulled him back to this area to tie the horse up Tommy would point back & say "more"!
Zoom in & you can see Tommy's giant smile riding the tractor with Grandpa!
Whitney didn't want anything to do with the animals, but she sure thought this bounce house was great.
My dad turned 60 this year so we did a little party for him in the park.  I did a book about why he's loved at age 60 & it was really fun to see everyone's answers & get to see more sides of my dad.  I gave my sister the assignment of finding a picture of my dad at each decade (age 10, 20, 30, etc.) and she not only found the pictures, but made this amazingly adorable banner!  I loved seeing how Dad aged every 10 years. 40 really is the prime before you really start noticing balding & wrinkles!
Here's a close up of the beads, buttons, ribbon, & stamp details!
We found stuff around Dad's house for centerpieces to make it truly all about him.
I assigned cupcakes to Katie & she knocked that out of the ballpark too!  They were not only cute, but super yummy!  The score cupcakes on the left have a rocking "K" just like my dad's brand.  In the middle is oreo cupcakes with a horseshoe, a horse you can only see the head of, & cowboy hats. To the right is raspberry lemon cupcakes, YUM!
I made fresh lemonade which I may never do again.  It was yummy, but I couldn't believe how many lemons are needed!  Needless to say, we ran out! 
 I always forget to take more pictures of people at the party.  I better start a group shot tradition after this!  here is Dad playing with the kids, but people in the background :)
 And a few more blurry, but people there!
 We played this silly game where you shoot the chickens out & people try to catch them in their pants. 
This party really was back-woods cowboy all the way, haha! 
 Tommy thought it was hilarious & chased the chickens all over.
 Lana found the perfect boot pinata for the adult one.  Dad wanted to show off his muscles & break his own pinata, but instead hit it so hard he broke the bat ...so we used a lug wrench!

No comments: