CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

9.22.2012

Idaho Part 4: Sutherland Reunion

We ended our trip with a Sutherland family reunion.  Here is Vic's parents, siblings & nieces/nephews. 
45 all together.  
Our charming little family!
 On day 1 we sat around the lodge playing games all day so I didn't take any pictures.
On day 2 we went to the Steadman's family ranch.  Here is Vic on the zipline.
 Vic & his brothers & older nephews went down the slide over & over trying to get as creative as possible with tubes, body chains, etc.  He had a lot of fun acting like a 12 year old boy again.
 Tommy entertained himself running up & down the hill by people going down. 
(He didn't like the slide which was a bummer cuz I thought he would have really liked it, but it was a bit too big & scarry for him & Whitney.) 
 Whitney insisted on being in the shade or this little house so that's where I spent my day.
 When we got back to camp Vic's sisters did carnival games for the little kids.  
Go Fish was Tommy's favorite.

 Whitney doing her version of the bing-bag toss.
The 3rd & 4th days we played games, packed up, & Vic's family had their "secret" meeting so needless to say I didn't take any pictures of that excitement.
I hate when my kids (and me!) are dirty so I didn't take a lot of pictures, but in hind sight I don't think we will get that filthy again so I should have taken pictures as our griminess would probably have been pretty entertaining after the fact!

At the end of our trip we got to visit some of our closest friends & I feel like that is what made me really miss home as we always keep in touch with family, but our friends are the ones we saw on a weekly basis & what made up our every day life in Idaho.  We are so fortunate to have made friends with quality good people that make us feel good about ourselves & are fun.  Vic said his favorite part of the trip was seeing me laugh  good & hard with friends.  I guess we need to work on that here in Indiana!

No comments: