Tommy turned 2 yesterday. I have been talking to him about his birthday for a week now & I wasn't sure if he understood, but I'm pretty sure he did as he woke up extra early & for the first time hopped out of his crib by himself. Here he is with his Lightning McQueen presents & cake.
He was extremely happy about his cake! I had to hide it most of the day for him to stay out of it because every time I moved it he'd push a stool over so he could gaze/poke at it. I made it & once again hated every minute of it. It's funny how I love most decorating things, just not things with frosting!
I took Tommy to playgroup in the morning hoping he'd make a friend for his birthday party, but nobody showed up! (and we just moved to Indiana exactly one week ago so we don't know anyone) So, when Vic got home we took him to ChuckEcheese. I was hoping it'd be crawling with kids to play with, but I guess no one goes there on weekdays! He still had fun riding this carousel over and over. His face was dead serious the entire time & then when it was over he'd beg for another coin!
He really liked this cute little boat that moved all around & had animals that hopped up if you pushed their button. I was really surprised how cheap all these little rides were. We had him go on them all over & over & we still have extra coins left over.
We went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner & he got to ride on the saddle. He wasn't so sure about everyone checking him out!
He would never smile with the hat on so I got him in action with his new horses at bedtime.
Whitney didn't mind the hat at all, but she was busy snacking the whole time to smile!
Tommy & his cake.
He would blow from so far away until the candles finally blew out. I think we had to relight the candles & sing him Happy Birthday at LEAST 30 times. It was hilarious that he loved that part so much & would clap & laugh every time like it was the first time so we kept on doing it... ONLY cuz it was his birthday! :)
I love that kids wear their emotions on their sleeves. His face was pure bliss when he saw this present from Grandma. He hasn't eaten, gone to bed, or taken a bath without these little trains since he opened them yesterday!
Another pure delight picture :)
Afterwards he was very busy playing with them & couldn't be bothered to look at the camera!
Tommy & his presents: he was very thrilled with them all!
Tommy at 2: He is extremely obsessed with cars & watching the "Cars" movies over & over. LOVES "Thomas the Train" toys, but only likes "Chugington" cartoons. Runs all over the house pushing one of his large trains/bike things on a daily basis. Loves elephants (I think because he loves to make the sound & do his arm as the trunk roaring up). Loves horses. Loves running from A to B over and over until his playmate is too worn out. He is continually hoping Whitney is older than she is & tries to get her to wrestle, play ring around the rosies, etc. If she ever cries he pats her on the back & tries to shove a bottle in her mouth. Is an emotional roller coaster: he is usually running around wild and laughing 80% of the time & the other 20% is spent throwing a fit/crying--- not usually a happy medium in there! He is still my good sleeper... taking long naps & sleeping all night. He loves to imitate down to the slightest detail. (If I'm sitting there with a leg crossed & hand on my chin he works hard to do the same). He loves helping vacuum, sweep, change the laundry, and especially LOVES to cook. It's actually hard for me to cook because he insists on being the only one stirring, putting the ingredients in, etc. He is not afraid of anything and I can actually see the adrenaline rush he gets before he dives off of something. He does all sort of weird rolls & somersaults trying to do cartwheels and jumps, and is advanced in climbing, but he still doesn't talk a lot. I always know exactly what he wants so he had no need to talk more, but I am trying every day to get him to say more. He says a lot of words, just never linked together. I think that sums up this adorable wild little 2 year old!