CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

5.19.2012

Chicago

My mom hasn't been to Chicago before so we took her to see the main highlights of the skyline & parks.

We went to the Brookfield Zoo last year & was very impressed.  People kept telling us we should go to the Lincoln Zoo so we took my mom there & it was nice for a free zoo, but I wish we'd gone back to the Brookfield zoo especially because my mom would've loved the dolphin show.




This tiger put on a good show for us.  He paced all over & then climbed up on that rock & roared over & over.  Tommy loved it & now is a lot more fun when we read our books & get to a bear or tiger.
I was worried Tommy was going to get stuck way up there & that Vic would have to squeeze in & get him, but my little climber made it all the way through!
Tommy yells "chug, chug, chug" every time he sees a tractor coming down the road. (Which is a lot where we live!)
Cute tunnels for the kids to run & crawl through.
 I have never experienced Chicago style pizza & I didn't even know what it looked like so I insisted we ate at a pizzeria that served it.  It was pretty AMAZING!  Although it did remind me a lot of a mozzerella stick with all that cheese!
 Normally Tommy scrapes all the cheese off the top to eat so he was very happy to find that the whole thing was pretty much cheese. (That thick crust is only like that around the outer edge).
This is my favorite view of the skyline.
 I really like this shot of all the shiny metal in funky shapes.  It reminds me of the futuristic capitol people you read about in the "Hunger Games".
My little run away doesn't care how big of a city we are in, he just loves to run.  I'm now starting to understand those backpack leash things!!
 Had to get the fun pictures at the famous "bean"!
Outside the bean:
Inside the bean.

 I would love to go on a romantic date with Vic here one day.  It is totally set up as a lover's park: pretty walkways & gardens, free concerts, fountains, good food, etc.
Next we headed down to the Navy Pier.  It was fun to have a 3rd person to get our pictures taken together.

 These mirrors were hilarious & I feel like a 10 year old because I had WAY  too much fun playing in them!  HEHE, HAHA! :)

 Tommy really liked feeding the ducks until the seagulls came over.  It was like he instantly knew they were garbage birds.
My mom took Tommy on a sunset boat tour.

 Poor little guy had too big of a day & was exhausted!
 Click on Older posts to see one more update from April!

No comments: